Public Health Nurses
Mono County is recruiting for Public Health Nurses for 2 open Health Program Manager positions. These are part or full time positions (32-40 hours per week), based in Mammoth Lakes.
Position 1: Responsibilities include oversight of the Maternal, Child, and Adolescent Health (MCAH) Program, serving as the Local Oral Health Coordinator, and providing back-up for the Immunization and HIV/AIDS/STD Programs.
Position 2: Responsibilities include the oversight of California Children’s Services (CCS), California Health and Disability Prevention Program (CHDP) and Health Care Program for Children in Foster Care (HCPCFC). These programs fall under the Children’s Medical Services (CMS) Program, and the Health Program Manager will function as the CMS Director as mandated by the State of California.
The PHNs will also participate in, and assist with other Public Health programs such as Emergency Preparedness and Community Flu Clinics.
The PHN/Health Program Manager's duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Participates in the overall activities of the Public Health Department
- Plans, organizes, conducts and evaluates one or more public health program
- Develops and/or adapts public health programs in coordination with the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) and granting agencies
- Assesses individual and community health needs to direct program services
- Prepares appropriate reports
- Coordinates any necessary committees in the program area using a multidisciplinary team approach
- Represents the Health Department on committees as necessary
- Advocates with leadership groups and elected leaders for the advancement of public health policy through community collaboration
- Plans and implements ongoing information updates with medical providers, hospitals, community based agencies, social and health service agencies, educational agencies, and the community as related to the programs
- Communicates local health needs to community leaders, agencies and the public
- Assist in program budget development and management
- Identifies, plans and directs staff in-service training and education
- Supervises Public Health staff as required
Please see the job description on the Mono County website for the full listing of qualifications.
Training and Experience:
- Experience in Public Health or Public Administration is highly desirable.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Public Administration, Nursing or a related field.
- Post-graduate coursework in Public Health, Public Administration, or a related field.
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s License.
- Possession of an active Registered Nurse (RN) license and Public Health Nurse (PHN) certificate through the California Board of Registered Nursing.
This position falls under the Mono County Public Employees (MCPE) Bargaining Unit
Complete benefit information can be accessed at:http://www.monocounty.ca.gov/sites/default/files/fileattachments/human_resources/page/285/2014_mcpe_mou.09_19_2014.pdf
Please see the flyer and job description on the Mono County website
Job Type: Part or Full-time
Salary: $76,500.00 to $92,988.00/year, or $36.78 to $44.71/hour
Full-time vs. Part-time:
Year Round vs. Seasonal: